Grand Teton and Yellowstone Horse Pack Trips
Explore the West in a whole new way. Book a Teton Horse Pack Trip today. Located between Jackson Hole and Yellowstone National Park.
We invite you to take part in a Western experience that not many have the privilege to see. Teton Horseback Adventures offers 3 to 6 Day Guided Horse Pack Trips into the Greater Teton and Yellowstone backcountry.
Our family heritage consists of six generations riding and working the Teton mountains and are one of the few local families still left here in the Jackson Hole area. We offer professionalism and experience to meet your expectations and create memories that will last forever.
WE DO NOT LEASE HORSES! This is the secret to our amazing safety record. Each horse has his or her own personality, and matching these personalities between horse and rider make all the difference. We own around 150 head of horses and mules, many of which we’ve raised and trained ourselves. So you can be assured they know what they’re doing (and yes we know every one of their names).
A few reasons why you should choose Teton Horseback Adventures:
- A family run business
- Private groups or small mixed groups never exceeding 6-8 total
- Experienced horses, crew, and dog (Penelope loves working the livestock)
- NOTHING BEATS THE TETONS
NOW BOOKING FOR SUMMER 2022!
Email: [email protected]
Or call: 307-850-6841 or 307-850-5839
Pack Trips We Offer:
3 days in the Cottonwood Camp
Price: Adults $1100, Children under 12 $900 Dates: July 1 thru August 25
Description: The Cottonwood Camp is set up with 12’x 14′ canvas wall tents, wood stoves, and cots with pads. The 16’x22′ dining tent has tables, chairs, and everything to make it extremely convenient for the guests.
- Spend your days fishing, hiking, and/or riding remote mountain trails.
- Beautiful high elevation pastures and wildflowers like no other place
- Spend some campfire time with your family and/or friends
- Recommended for families with children or large groups (maximum of 10)
Cottonwood Camp was lovely. From what I gleaned from H&S, the camp is semi-permanent during the warmer (non-snowy) months and therefore didn’t require assembly upon arrival. Each tent was spacious enough to stand and move around in, and the cots and pads provided a comfortable sleeping arrangement! There is also a well-stocked kitchen tent where Shalaina would whip up feasts in the middle of the forest as if by magic.
H&S packed enough food to keep us more than full the entire time–everything Shalaina cooked for breakfast and dinner (pancakes, baon, steaks, meatloaf, veggies) was delicious and filling. Shalaina also packed our group bag lunches for the three days we were on the trip which were a big hit.
It was so nice to sit around the campfire at night with the whole group listening to H&S’s stories and learn about their lives in WY (Heith was also a very good sport when the group prodded him to give impromptu lasso lessons).
I would not hesitate to recommend a trip to Cottonwood Camp to anyone–save someone who may have a fear of horses! We were riding for around a total of 10 hours over the three days.Thank you, Heith & Shalaina! (and Miyagi 😉
4 Days in Pacific Creek and Two Ocean Pass
COME SPEND THREE NIGHTS NEAR TWO OCEAN PASS
Price: $1400 Dates: July 1 thru July 31
Description: One camp site for three nights setup with canvas spring bar tents supplied with cots and pads
- Second day we ride to Enos Lake (largest lake in the Teton Wilderness)
- Third day we ride to Two Ocean Pass and fish the Atlantic Creek and/or eat lunch by “the parting of the waters”
- Take high elevation trail above “parting of waters” and get an unbelievable view from Grand Teton range to Yellowstone
- Watch as horses and wildlife graze in green meadows near camp
5 days into Bridger Lake and Yellowstone Meadows
CAMP NEAR THE MOST REMOTE LAKE IN THE LOWER 48!
Price: $1800 Dates: June 20th thru July 31
Description: Multiple campsites set up with canvas spring bar tents supplied with cots and pads
- Takes two days into Yellowsone meadows, stay near Bridger Lake for two or three nights
- Bridger Lake is located near south-eastern corner of Yellowstone National Park, the most remote campsite in the lower 48 states
- Have lunch at the “parting of the waters”
- World famous cutthroat trout fishing — Yellowstone River, Thorofare River, Atlantic Creek, and Bridger Lake
- 20 inch plus Yellowstone cutthroats!
- Great trip for families or fishing buddies!
5 or 6 days up the South Buffalo and Continental-Divide
Price: 5 days – $1900, 6 days – $2200 Dates: August 1st thru August 25th
Description: 3 or 4 camp sites set up with canvas spring bar tents supplied with cots and pads
- Beautiful high elevation scenery near the Continental Divide (unbelievable views!)
- Multiple large water falls and high mountain lakes
- Great fishing opportunities for many kinds of trout
- See the Headwaters of the Yellowstone, Thorofare, South Buffalo, and South Shoshone rivers
I chose Outfitter Heith Hill because I didn’t just want to take a trail ride in the Teton Wilderness (Don’t get me wrong, they do great trail rides too.), I wanted a Wilderness Adventure and by God he delivered just that. For five days, he took us with a string of pack mules and horses across countless streams, meadows, and through mountain passes with views so spectacular not even a camera can capture the full awesome beauty of it all. Each night we dined by an open campfire and the next morning struck out on the trail to another destination more breathtaking than the last. At one point, we were in the most remote location in all of the lower 48 states. Nowhere else could I have safely enjoyed the pleasure and experience of refilling my drink bottle from spring-fed mountain streams. Before this, I have always looked at pictures and read about such scenic vistas as this but seeing unspoiled country firsthand like this was far grander than I had ever imagined. Teton Horseback Adventures is the real thing. If you want to discover some of the beauty and wonder explorers like Bridger, Powell, and mountain men and trappers extolled there was to see out west then the Teton Wilderness trip is what you want to plan for. It’s the journey of a lifetime. This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
All trips are inclusive except for personal items, sleeping bags, fishing rods, and fishing license. All prices may vary depending on group sizes and trip lengths. A deposit of 1/3 total balance is required to book, we do accept personal checks for deposits.
Call or email us with your questions, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Ask for Heith or Shalaina Hill
307-850-6841 or 307-850-5839